Thursday, September 22, 2011

paper cutting


I often dream of being able to create the elaborate 3-dimensional papercut art pieces I see online. But, I am a beginner and not so handy with a knife.

And, have I mentioned I'm klutzy?

Despite nature's trick upon me; making me unable to remain unscathed through most of life's adventures, I still dream of making elaborate paper art.

One day, little gothfaeriequeen. One day...

This here is one of my first forays into this type of medium. It is simple. Based upon one of my drawings that I enlarged and then traced onto the back of the paper. (I need to start simple. I am not at the skill level to just eyeball the paper and magically create things...)

Interestingly enough (to me at least), is that the black paper is the paper that was cut; the striped paper is simply laying underneath it.

I had issues not ripping the piece that is the outline of her hair that goes across the cut out image. But, I did it!

Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment